Rules and Regulations for
Helen Crigger Cemetery
Adopted July 1, 2011
Effective August 1, 2011
These rules and regulations are designed for the protection of owners of interment rights as a group. They are intended, not as restraining, but rather as preventing the inconsideration of others from taking advantage of the rights of all owners of interment rights within the cemetery.
These Rules and Regulations are hereby adopted as rules and regulations of the cemetery, and all owners of interment rights, visitors and contractors performing work within the Cemetery shall be subject to said rules and regulations, amendments or alterations as shall be adopted by the
Cemetery from time to time.
- The term "owner" shall mean the owner of rights of interment within the cemetery.
- The term "interment" shall mean the burial of the remains of a deceased person.
- The term "memorial" shall mean any marker, monument or structure upon any lot, placed thereon for the purpose of identification or in memory of the interred.
- The term "contractor" shall mean any person, firm or corporation or anyone else engaged in placing, erecting or repairing any memorial.
- Lots shall be used for no other purpose than the burial of human dead.
- The sale or transfer of any interment right by any owner or purchaser shall not be binding upon the Cemetery unless same shall have first been duly approved in writing by the properly authorized officer of the cemetery. This procedure is required so that the Cemetery may at all times have a complete and accurate record of all owners and purchasers.
- All work on lots will be done by employees of the Cemetery under the direction of the cemetery, unless when permission is otherwise granted.
- The Cemetery shall direct generally all improvements within the grounds, and upon all lots and graves, before as well as after interments have been made therein. They shall have charge of the planting, sodding, surveying and improvements in general.
- No other person other than proper officers of the Cemetery shall be allowed to perform any work on any grave or lot within the grounds without permission from the officer or the manager.
- No dogs shall be permitted in the Cemetery.
- Bringing beer or intoxication liquors within the Cemetery is strictly forbidden.
- No boxes, shells, toys, discarded glassware, receptacles, or similar articles will be permitted on any grave, lot, or tree.
- The Cemetery is not responsible for theft or damage to anything placed on graves or lots, except those things permanently placed by employees of the Cemetery.
- No wooden or cast iron bench or chair, or any wooden or wire trellis shall be permitted to be or be brought upon the grounds.
- The Cemetery and their agents have the authority to enter upon any lot and to remove any objectionable thing or any erection that may have been placed there contrary to these regulations, and they may remove any dead or damaged tree, shrub, or vine or flower.
- No person shall be permitted to enter or leave the Cemetery except during daylight hours, and any person found on the grounds after dark will be considered as a trespasser.
- No person shall drive a motor vehicle within the Cemetery in excess of fifteen miles per hour, and driving of any type of vehicle upon the lawns in said Cemetery is prohibited, except for maintenance equipment operated by the Cemetery.
- No person will be permitted to use profane or boisterous language or in any other way disturb the quiet and good order of the Cemetery.
- All persons are reminded that the grounds are sacredly devoted to the burial of the dead, and that the provisions and penalties of the law, as provided by statute, will be strictly enforced in all case of injury, disturbance, or disregard of the rules.
- All work and planting of any kind on all graves is strictly prohibited. The digging of holes for any purpose whatsoever is strictly prohibited.
- The Cemetery reserves the right to remove all flowers, potted plants, wreaths, shepherd hooks and items not in a memorial vase during mowing season. Mowing season is defined as the Sunday following Easter Sunday through October 15th each year. All items removed will be stored for a period of one week to allow families to retrieve any items that they may want to keep. After one week all removed items will be discarded. After October 15th each year all such items may be placed on graves until the next mowing season. These procedures are necessary to protect visitors, employees, contractors and all persons in the Cemetery from harm caused by equipment used to preserve the care and maintenance of the grounds.
- The marking of each lot, grave, or graves will be permitted with granite markers or monuments or bronze on granite markers. There are no restrictions on sizes as long as the marker or monument does not encroach an adjoining space.
- If any memorial, monument, or marker, placed on a lot or grave, shall be determined by the Officers or Management as offensive, they shall have the right and it shall be their duty, to enter upon such lot and remove, change, or correct the offensive or improper object or objects.
The Cemetery reserves the right to compel all persons coming into the Cemetery to obey these Rules and Regulations adopted by the Cemetery at any time. The Cemetery shall take reasonable precaution to protect Owners, and the property rights of Owners, within the Cemetery, from loss or damage from causes beyond its control, and especially from damage caused by elements, an act of God, common enemy, thieves, vandals, strikers, malicious mischief makers, explosions, invasions, insurrections, riots, or order of any military or civil authority, whether the damage be direct or collateral, other than as herein provided.
Special cases may arise in which the literal enforcement of a Rule or Regulation may impose unnecessary hardship. The Cemetery therefore reserves the right, without notice, to make exception, suspensions or modifications in any of the Rules and Regulations when, in its judgment, the same appear advisable; and such temporary exceptions, suspensions or modifications shall in no way be construed as affecting the general application of such and shall not be considered as a waiver of the rights of the Cemetery as set out herein.
These Rules and Regulations are hereby adopted this 1st day of July, 2011, effective 1st day of August, 2011.